Re: REB: Re: Summer Rebloom

Interesting, Linda -- I was just thinking of QUEEN DOROTHY yesterday, what with all the summer bloom, wondering if it might bloom this year if I still had it. The first year that I had QD, it rebloomed in July, then four more times until freeze. After that, it never rebloomed again, though I moved it once or twice. I finally gave up on it. -- Griff

----- Original Message ----- From: "Linda Mann" <lmann@lock-net.com>
To: <iris@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, July 19, 2008 7:18 AM
Subject: [iris] REB: Re: Summer Rebloom

Also interesting that QUEEN DOROTHY hardly ever bloomed here at all, any season, tho I'm almost positive it does summer bloom (plus spring and fall) for others in this general area.

I think I finally got rid of it, but may try it again just to see how it compares to IMM in response to water/temperature etc here.

Chuck, have you been tracking soil temperatures? Wondering about ratios of respiration to photosynthesis/growth response. Sounds like QD is more efficient.

<Interesting that QD responded to this but Immortality didn't,>
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8