Re: Summer Rebloom

I have been keeping soil temps. Records are in greenhouse and it's raining right now. I'll check tommorrow. but from what I can remember soil temps have been hovering around 20 C for several weeks for minmum and around 25-27C during day. Not a lot of variation on night minimums.

Chuck Chapman

Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 08:18:17 -0400
From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
Subject: [iris] REB: Re: Summer Rebloom

Also interesting that QUEEN DOROTHY hardly ever bloomed here at all, any
season, tho I'm almost positive it does summer bloom (plus spring and
fall) for others in this general area.

I think I finally got rid of it, but may try it again just to see how it
compares to IMM in response to water/temperature etc here.

Chuck, have you been tracking soil temperatures? Wondering about ratios
of respiration to photosynthesis/growth response.  Sounds like QD is
more efficient.

<Interesting that QD responded to this but Immortality didn't,>
- --
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8