Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 05:16:23 -0400
From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
Subject: [iris] HYB: what to do with glaciata?

Now that I have a couple of glaciata seedlings (yellow, from HARVEST OF
MEMORIES X TREASURED), I don't know what to do with them re: future
crosses.  From posts here in years past, it sounds like some of you get
excited about such things, but I'm not sure why..

They can get rid of dark markings on hafts of yellow/pink/orange/white,
but do they have anything to do with light ground with anthocyanin veins
 on hafty anthocyanin pigmented ones?

In other words, is there any evidence that the genes for "plicata haft
markings" includes the white ground between the anthocyanin pigmented veins?

Another one of my unanswerable questions?
- --
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8