Re: HYB: what to do with glaciata?

Thanks Chuck (and Robin).  Plicata seems to be "lurking" in the
background of so many rebloomers, I subconsciously assumed it was also
present in HARVEST OF MEMORIES.  Plus I haven't worked all the way
through the pedigree of TREASURED (Ghio pedigrees usually get
complicated in a hurry).

No, there have been no plicatas from the cross (so far) - all have been
yellow selfs.  But if there is recessive white blocking production of
anthocyanin in the rest of the flower, could plicata genes be present
but not expressed?

Somewhere in all the discussion of glaciatas, I'd gotten the idea that
if no anthocyanin was present anywhere in the flower, that meant it was
glaciata.  I hadn't picked up on the idea that some flowers without any
anthocyanin showing are not necessarily glaciatas.  So far, it's the
only bloom I've grown that did not have any blue pigment anywhere.  The
flower on this one has a different "look" compared to sibs that do have
some anthocyanin on the 'claw'.

Christian, I'm not sure, but I think I've heard the narrow little bit at
the very base of the standards and falls called a claw.  If you pull off
a petal, look at it from the side, that part angles down like a claw.

<Just because it is clean of anthocyanin doesn't mean it is a glaciata.
Ther are lots of clean cartenoid plants that are not glaciatas.>

<What is "claw"?  as in "Maybe some green on the claw"

Christian>
--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8