Re: Spring Hill, Any Good?

I've got to stick in my 2 cents worth on this subject.  Whenever I receive
catalogues from these "shotgun" type mail-order companies the first thing I
look for is the section on iris (if any).  Most of the iris offered, if any,
are usually 20 to 30 years old and they are being sold for premium prices.
 In my opinion just another way of fleecing the unknowing public.  These
outfits do not grow these plants but rather purchase them in huge lots and
store them in a warehouse and ship as the orders come in.  The storage is not
as it should be and more often than it should be the consumer gets plants
that are almost dead.  I've heard this horror story too many times.  I do as
most of the others have said earlier, visit local growers and suppliers for
quality plants and sensible prices.  I also suggest that they attend our
local public iris sale.  Most always they go away with more and better and
newer iris than they would have gotten from any of the other catalogs.

Dave Silverberg, getting down off the soft box.