Irises and Giant Sequoias

I was camping in Balch Park (near Porterville, CA) and I ran into a million
little yellow irises growing under the Giant Sequoias.  The park rangers had
no idea what kind they were, so I'm curious if anyone one the list knows.
 They are a pale almost buff color with tan veining on the falls. Same shape
as the blue I. douglasiana out in my front yard.
Mary Forte, Atascadero CA (yesterday we hit 109 degrees)