Re: rebloom, breaking the rules

>Linda - Have you tried Queen Dorothy, Baby Blessed (SDB) and I
>Bless(IB)?  They are sure fire rebloomers.

I now have 4 starts of QUEEN DOROTHY (one new this year).  The oldest is
about 4 yrs old.  No sign of any bloom, re- or otherwise.  But I just loaded
them up with alfalfa pellets, covered the rhizomes with about an inch of my
gravelly soil, and gave them a 3 - 4 inch mulch of mushroom compost.  Why
not?  I've been dutifully keeping rhizomes exposed to air, avoiding
fertilizer and mulch for years, and all I get is lack of bloom and rot.  With
this new treatment (applied to about half of my old established rot infested
beds), immediately followed by over a week of warm/hot humid soupy weather
with 1/2" rain every day, I am not seeing enough rot to even gripe about, and
my iris are growing like weeds.  Of course, all the easy rotters are long
gone.  So maybe this will make DOROTHY bloom....

Linda Mann lmann76543@aol.com east TN USA