Re: Nut Sedge

Thanks to your descriptions, I've ID'd one of our mystery guests.  The
three-sided leaves were the clincher.

I certainly would not have described this plant as a problem, though.  Once in a
while, one of them comes up in a bed that wasn't solarized long enough, or whose
plastic covering broke during the process.  I've assumed that seeds sometimes
are brought in with manure.   But it's easy enough to pull the plant before the
nuts form so it doesn't get established.

MUCH easier to handle than goatheads or evening primrose -- so we must be on the
edge of its habitat.

Sharon McAllister (73372.1745@compuserve.com)