Springhill yes/no

On 7/29 James Lee asked about Springhill Nursery and got a resounding no, no!
When asked by first time AIS members or others who just need a direction to be
pointed to, I usually suggest they purchase first from a grower in a nearby or
like winter climate for best acclimating.  Secondly, I advise not buying iris
from a company which grows everything from the soup to nuts category.   ( In
defense of Springhill, I must say they do publish, although incorrectly, AIS
information in their spring newsletter/catalog.  I can always tell when the
Spring Hill info comes out because I receive a p. o. box full of mail asking for
info.  Few, if any, of these letter writers ever become members.  ) Depending on
the time of year I am questioned about where to buy irises, I also recommend
local clubs and sales/auctions.
Marilyn, AIS