Re: Spring Hill, Any Good?

I am a novice iriser and bought a "collection" of iris from Springhill
earlier this year.  Planted all 12 bulbs (2 each variety as advertised).
 Five sprouted, two of them rotted immediately.  I dug up the other bulbs and
they had all rotted.  I now realize the bulbs were in poor condition when I
got them, some were mushy in spots, all were slimy, some were very hard and
dark.  None of the above described sprouted.  I have received other plants
from Springhill (hydrangeas, a lilac) and have had spotty luck.  I have had
good luck with bulbs of all types from Breck's, also of Peoria, who
specializes in bulbs.

Greg Piazza
Pontiac, MI