Re: Nut Sedge Control

CEMahan@aol.com wrote:
> >< I will give you some nice plants of the most vigorous stain of nut sedge
> >in the world.  >>
> >
> >Is yours diploid or tetraploid?  I have a variegated cultivar (<:).
> >
> >Robert Turley
> Keep it! Mike Lowe claims to have the tallest most vigorous strain, now known
> as the "Lowe strain" of nut sedge.  (I seriously doubt his claims, but I
> don't want to hurt his feelings.)  My war on nut sedge with Ortho crab grass
> killer is more like a rout...and I am the one who is losing. But if you
> follow a spraying program, and do it once a week for three weeks it will
> work....as long as it doesn't rain right after spraying.   How can one dig
> bearded irises in the rain?  Clarence Mahan in Va

Clarence - For a small price of $93.00, you can own a bag of VANTAGE -
(Powder form) that will take care of nut-sage.  You have to pull it
once, put this down and water.  Gene Patterson had his entire bed
covered 6 weeks before the 94 Roanoke Meeting.  At the meeting, there
was none.  It is expensive, but it works esp. around plants.  I have a
little in the front yard, and use Ortho Crab-grass Killer II.  Does a
grest job.