Re: Iris pseudocorus & bulletin

It should be versicolor. Tony Huber says that virginica occurs around the
Great Lakes but only in the back waters, not along the lake shore, where the
species is versicolor.

Thanks, Ian, for this info.  What's the difference between versicolor and
virginica??  I took some to the sale last Saturday and someone asked me
what I had, and I just don't know.  I don't live at the lake shore,
but about 6 to 10 miles in, but these came from my mother's place in
Allegany County, some 65 miles south of here and I have no idea where before
that. If there are some specific characteristic to separate them, I'd
appreciate knowing what they are..

Your suggestions for the Bulletin are very good!!  How does one subscribeto
the British Iris Society??  Down here, I'm constantly looking for garden
magazines from GB -- they are infinitely better than any American mag!!

Carolyn Schaffner in wet, hot Buffalo, NY