Crimson King?

Well knock me over with a limp iris fall, but I walked out to my iris beds
today and found a bloom stalk of what I think is (or was supposed to be)
Crimson King. Four branches, nine buds. WOW what a surprise. That means
that my bloom season ran from Jan 15 (HEADY PERFUME) to July 28 (CRIMSON
KING) 6 1/2 months, zowie  :>)

And my bloom percentage goes up by about 1/2%...

Does it count as a rebloom if it didn't bloom in the first part of the
season?

Only problem is I'm not sure it is CRIMSON KING. Hopefully somebody can
help me figure this out. The difficulty is I don't know how to properly
describe it, but here goes.

The brief description I have from the WBIS sale list of last year says
that CRIMSON KING is a IB, reblooming, dark red self - IB-E-R7D (don't
know what the code means).

Its shape is much like the I. Pallida pictured on page 35 of the '96
Schrieners catalog.

Color is very close to the standards of the upper bloom on the cover of
the same catalog. Beards white with yellow tips.

The bloom stalk is 25" tall.

Can a self have white in between the veins around the beards? The veining
(pattern) looks a lot like that on GALLANT ROGUE (pg 21 same catalog)
except the white runs to the edge of upper part of the fall.

Sure is cute, smells good too. Didn't remember it is a Historic as well.

--
Thanks                   | "There be dragons here"
John                     |  Annotation used by ancient cartographers

John Jones, 35572 Linda Dr., Fremont CA, 94536
jijones@ix.netcom.com, USDA zone 8 (coastal, bay)