Computers and Gardens

> John -- tell about how you computerized your gardening information --
> Please -- do you have a program, or do you do a spreadsheet ??

I use Aldus Freehand to draw my maps, but any drawing program would do for the
most part. For other record keeping I use Excel. I am looking for a database
program or a real gardening program but since I am on a Mac, probably won't find
a real gardening program. I have Helix Express as a database, but for the time
being that is way over kill, although one of the best relational database
programs going. Excel will probably do for a while. When I want to get tricky, I
can import the data easily into Helix.

I remember someone saying they use Microsoft Access for their records and
labeling needs. As far as I know, it only runs on PC's. I think I will post a
note to the garden forum and see what I get. Let you know.

John Jones, 35572 Linda Dr., Fremont CA, 94536
jijones@ix.netcom.com, USDA zone 8 (coastal, bay)