Re: AIS Awards

Mike & Anne Lowe wrote:
> Congratulations are in order to TWO Iris-l members who garnered HMs (the
> first step on the ladder to the Dykes Medal) for their iris introductions;
> Sharon McAllister for her 1/2 or more arils, BLACKBEARD'S GHOST and
> ENGRAVED INVITATION and her 1/4 aril DREAM CATCHER. Clarence Mahan received
> an HM award for his Miniature Tall Bearded iris, ROBIN GOODFELLOW (81
> votes, which is a very respectable number in the tall bearded class, and is
> phenomenal in a speciality iris class such as MTBs!)

Does HM stand for Honorable Mention, and is that HM for the Dykes Award or just an HM
in the AIS judging process. Obviously I'm new at this.
Thanks                   | "There be dragons here"
John                     |  Annotation used by ancient cartographers
John Jones, 35572 Linda Dr., Fremont CA, 94536
jijones@ix.netcom.com, USDA zone 8 (coastal, bay)