>This time around there were 1100 members who DID NOT receive the AIS July
>Bulletin because dues were not renewed!  Color me a despondent membership

Please don't be despondent, Marilyn...you are too valuable to AIS (and your
friends) to be despondent.  Here's an idea for consideration.  How about
scheduling a special meeting at the next Convention, maybe for a couple
hours, in which people who are interested (count me as one), could
"brainstorm" membership renewals? I'm sure we could fit it in if you that it
was worth doing.  Remember...SMILE.  Clarence Mahan in VA