On Fri, 26 Jul 1996 CEMahan@aol.com wrote:

> >This time around there were 1100 members who DID NOT receive the AIS July
> >Bulletin because dues were not renewed!

> scheduling a special meeting at the next Convention, maybe for a couple
> hours, in which people who are interested (count me as one), could
> "brainstorm" membership renewals?
	I just kept thinking how unfortunate that the July bulletin couldn't
	be mailed to these 1100 former members - the new format is so en-
	gaging and iris-l was a featured article by Clarence.

	Being relatively new to the AIS (3 years, I think), I didn't have a
	clue about the bulletin the first year - like one of the children,
	I looked at the pictures! What is worse, I joined 3 sections the
	first year and started getting those pubs, too. Nice pix, too...
	Except for the Median Newsletter - you had to read it - that is
	what kept me in the AIS...and I didn't even have one Median yet.
	It was so `down to earth', even I understood it.

	Just my own experience....I do read those past issues and refer to
	them often.

	Cold and rainy here -  the Japanese struggling to bloom.

	Ellen Gallagher   e_galla@moose.ncia.net    Zone 3    NH