Re: ... & bulletin (Off topic)

Tom Wrote:
> Maybe AIS could do something similar?

 Although there is a need for dedicated, committed members of AIS to
> keep informed about club business, such news is simply dead weight
> as far as recruiting and retaining new members who are not yet
> absorbed in the ins and outs of club business and politics. If the
> Bulletin is 80% solid iris information, it can bear some of this
> dead weight happily.

FYI - January 1996 Bulletin had 116 pages of which 8 were minutes.
That's less than 10%.
 We need to remember that most of the membership of AIS wants to read
good informative information on BASIC stuff, not a thesis on hybridizing
tetraploids.  I was glad to see Bill Maryott write a Glossary of Terms
in January, and Terry Aitken on culture in July. Hope this trend will
cont.  BUT!!!
Regions & Chapters should take the ball of responsibility when it comes
to local members.  I guess we just need to stop and get back to basics.
Whew, got to put away my soap box.