Re: ... & bulletin

From: Scott Aitken  <zebra@chcs.com>

Boy, I think I hit somebody's hot button.  ;-)
I didn't realize this was so controversial.

Since I started all this, I thought I would chime in with a suggestion that
has not been mentioned yet. How 'bout including the entire board minutes as
a separate section, like the Symposium Ballot which was included with the
July Bulletin?

That way, those with no interest in board administrata can toss it (er,
recycle it). Those who want to read it do not have to go to any extra
hassle or expense to get it. It will be cheaper to print, and the Bulletin
will look more like a magazine, which I personally think is more
interesting for newbies and casual gardeners.

It is apparent that not everyone will be happy, whether the minutes are
printed in the Bulletin, or available separately. This seems like a
reasonable compromise.

I think my dad is very brave (and a little crazy) to take on the job of
Bulletin editor. The broad demographics of the readers -- complete novices
to long term experts -- make the task of creating a publication that is
engaging and dynamic for everyone is very difficult. I will pass on all the
messages of the last couple of days to him.