Christopher Hollinshead wrote:
> Perhaps part of the problem here with the high number of non-renewals is
> due to the fact that it was recently publicized that the AIS memberships
> expiring June 30th this year would be extended to December 31 this year
> to bring them in line with the new membership year structure recently
> approved by AIS. Thus people expect that their membership will continue
> until December this year. It could be that they are waiting until then
> to renew.

I can only say what my own reaction would be , and that is: lacking any other
direction from the membership committee or board of directors, I would assume
that my membership would be extended, or at least I would be told to ante up a
partial years dues. I'll bet we have a significant factor here on why there were
so many drops.

Some sort of policy statement would be appropriate. People tend to fill in
vacuums with answers that best suit THEM...

John Jones, 35572 Linda Dr., Fremont CA, 94536
jijones@ix.netcom.com, USDA zone 8 (coastal, bay)