Re: Fat West Coast Irises

Dennis Stoneburner wrote:
> One thing I suggest to people,
> keep notes on your garden each year, including rhizome growth, weather,
> bloom, etc.  Also include dates for sprays, and other important info.
> Great way to learn.  You can compare notes with other growers in your
> area, and neighboring areas.
To all,

This is an excerpt from an off line discussion Dennis and I were having, but I
thought I would relate my experience this last year to you all.

One of the most valuable tips I gleaned from ths iris-l list discussions was to keep
a diary or garden notes and draw a map of where I plant things. Don't know why I
never thought of it before in all my vegetable gardening. I always struggled with
what variety I planted where. Tags lost, stakes chewed up by mischievious German
Shepherd, giant plants hiding things etc etc. This year I did a map (even
computerized it) and started a log book. Has saved me several times already. Anyway,
thanks all, thanks Dennis.

John Jones, 35572 Linda Dr., Fremont CA, 94536
jijones@ix.netcom.com, USDA zone 8 (coastal, bay)