Dave --

You said::
 Since, historically, the WISTER winner is the next DYKES winner a question is
raised in my 'mind'. Would the membership of the AIS  award the DYKES

Which prompts a question I've had -- since the awards and the ribbons go to
the stalk, and the exhibitor gets a recognition, and the hybridizer gets
recognition, but it really is the STALK that is awarded, what is the
impetus to give the Hybridizer the  Dykes??  Isn't it the hybridizer who
ACCEPTS the award for the cultivar???  If so, then, someone else can ACCEPT
the Dykes for the cultivar!! That can't be posthumously -- unless the cultivar
dies out and I wonder if .....

Carolyn Schaffner in rainy (thank the clouds and temperature) Buffalo, NY