Catalog

    Today I got a catalog from Richard Ownen Nursery, and in it they
show a whole lot of Iris. And while it may take some time before I
could order anything, at lest I've got some idea about what some look
like now. I realy liked the 'Batik, Dusky challenger, and Cameo Wine'.
they're all nice looking. Kind of reminds me of some of the ones I used
to see in peoples gardens when I ran a lawn service in S.Calf.

    I also got my latest Time Life gardening book and in it they list
some Iris as wild flowers, I.douglasiana, I.fulva, and I.tenax. The
book gives some of the zones and it looks like they'll grow just about
anywhere.

   Slc.Dennis Bishop owner of Hawaii Astronomy Online.