Re: club activities

Linda wrote:
>.... Quite a few people on the list jumped all over me a while back when I said
> our group isn't very interested in competitive showing of iris - my
> impression is that that is the main focus of AIS (along with top awards for
> hybridizers), but it certainly isn't our club's main interest.
> You are not alone...Most in our chapter would rather "garden tour" than
setup for a show.  In fact, the last few shows we had, most people
turned in their ribbons to be reused.
My main focus is teaching about culture, and all types of iris.  Getting
together and touring gardens is also important.  We have a few people
interested in Judging, but not too many.
Auctions and sales are also big.  People always want a bargin.

One last thought,  I'm not so sure that AIS has not lost touch with the
general gardening public.

Dennis (I own too many soap boxes.  Maybe I should have a yard sale.)