Re: ... & bulletin

From: Scott Aitken  <zebra@chcs.com>

Ian E. Efford wrote:
[snip]
>On the recent topic (Tom and Tom) of the AIS bulletin, I mentioned to Claire
>Barr in St. Louis that I find it boring.  I have not yet received the new
>version that everyone is talking about and look forward to the improvements
>people are noting.  One thing that would help is to cut down the minutes to
>a couple of pages - decisions taken is really what we need not whether
>people went to the bathroom during the afternoon.  An alternative is to
>follow the BIS approach and print the administrative information in a
>separate section without a cover.  This latter approach might cut the cost.

This is not a final decision yet, but my dad (Terry Aitken, Bulletin
Editor) is leaning very heavily to printing only a summary of the AIS Board
Meeting minutes in the Bulletin.  Many people seem to be curious about what
goes on in Board meetings, but very few want to read every word of it. And
it does take up a lot of room in the Bulletin twice a year. The complete
printed text would be available free for the asking to anyone who wanted
all of it.

I am surprised you have not received the July Bulletin yet. They all went
out in the mail by July 3. I know book rate is slow, but that is more than
three weeks ago. Anyone else out there who has not received it yet?

Scott.