Hybridizing program

        Not that I need another hobby but I am going to try to breed reblooming
Iris for my own garden. Statisticaly I know I'm doomed but I hope to have fun
anyway. The question I have is for suggestions on how best to proceed, my own
intentions are as follows:

        1) Aquire as many purported rebloomers as space in my mixed border
allows.

        2) Select the ones which perform best in My yard and make as many
crosses as possible within that select group.

        3) Retain those seedlings which are as good or better than parents (how
many seedlings are usually required - 1000 - 10000 ?)

        4) repeat

        On another topic I read an article in our local paper by Bill Maryott in
which he seemed to suggest that rebloom may be enhanced by the presence of
streetlights nearby. I assume this means that blooming is partially controlled
by daylength, and perhaps I should plant iris near my outdoor lights. :-)