Re: more on iris roots...

>If a horned iris wins the Dykes (seems that a
>Wister/Dykes succession is inevitable) that would be almost shocking

Dennis Stoneburner may want to reconsider his bet re the Wister Medal winner
being a shoo-in for the Dykes.  Perhaps at the present time the Wister/Dykes
succession is "inevitable"  but it is certainly going to be tested in this
coming year.  The prejudice against wonderful rebloomers, space agers, that
which is different, dies hard...and some people are not going to vote for a
space ager!  The vote count with which THORNBIRD won the Wister was quite
low, and that could have considerable meaning.  Just a caution.  I might take
Dennis up on his bet...wonder what odds he's giving?  Clarence Mahan in VA
who is delighted that an iris introduced by The Iris Pond won the Morgan-Wood
Medal this year, i.e. SHAKER'S PRAYER (Warner 90), a lovely Siberian.