Re: Re[2]: Soap Box

  • To: iris-l@rt66.com
  • Subject: Re: Re[2]: Soap Box
  • From: "Reesa" <reesa@jersey.net>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1996 10:23:50 +0000
  • Comments: Authenticated sender is <reesa@mail.jersey.net>

Hi,

My thoughts on membership...
>      I'm not blaming the AIS but I think they should know why people
>      are=20 only staying a year and dropping off.  I worked a table
>      at the=20 Maryland Home and Garden show and some people wanted
>      meetings all the=20 time where others don't want a lot of

1-some people -- like me -- join only for information with no
intention of coming to meetings. I have been a member for years, but
only started showing three years ago. I've only been to a few
meetings in all this time.

2-Distance is a big problem. Most of the meetings are held 1-1/2 to 2
hours away from me. And by their nature, all of the regions have to
be spread out. It's usually a lot easier just to visit someone's
garden nearby than to attend a meeting or a show.

3-If many people are offering financial support only by joining,
what's so bad about that? There a lot more people who admire irises
on a casual basis than those who get deep enough to hybridize.

    ~ ~     Reesa Marchetti-WRITER-MUSICIAN-WEB AUTHOR
  `O O^        reesa@jersey.net
   < 	           www.jersey.net/~reesa
   ^^	             www.netstreet.com/mr_charlie.html
..COol MOther