Re: Soap Box, odds and ends

Re: Soapbox

I joined the AIS because I love flowers and always liked TBs.  I was trying
to grow Sibs with no real success.  Thanks to Ellen G.  I have been
encouraged to work harder and have made some progress, also with JIs which I
find remarkable.  I live hours from any hint of civilzatiion and can't
possibly attend club meetings.  I don't care.  This year I have expanded my
TB planting by another 100 or so plants but also have planted about 40
medians which I never would have before joining the AIS and also have
planted about 10 Sibs and JIs, again ditto.  So thanks to all and thanks to AIS.

Re: Rabbits (Steve Maley)  Yes, used kittylitter worked well as did the hay
border and Hinder.  But we have had a miniexplosion in rabbits because of a
dieoff in owls due to our harsh winter.  And two little bunnies found their
way inside my perimeter.  One escaped, where to I have no idea.  The other I
reluctantly dispached.  It decided the middle of one of my flower beds was
an ideal spot.  It wasn't.  I don't like to spray and I don't like to
destroy but sometimes.......

Re: Ellen G.  I find your comments of great interest because we share
climates and appear to be approaching iris from two  opposite ends,  you
with the JIs and SIBs and me with the TBs.  Maybe some day we will meet in
the middle.

Re: Hybridizing  Nope, don't think I'll ever do it, but I find it interesting.

Yours for happy irising

Lee DeJongh in coolish overcast Rhinelander Wi  Zone 3 Region 8
Lee DeJongh in Rhinelander, WI