Local Clubs

Suzette wrote:

>      I couldn't tell you the difference
>     between I. virginica and a tet(?).  I almost regret taking a 3 year
>     membership.  The lack of meetings is also a problem.  We have four
>     luncheons a year which are suppose to pass as meetings.  They tell you
>     the normal group business and everyone eats.  I know people are
>     lacking in time but I would prefer a meeting at someone's yard to
>     discuss irises instead of a hotel. Oh, and I have tried volunteering
>     to help at shows and sales but I guess noone needs help.  It's always
>     the same people running the show.  If it wasn't for this list I
>     wouldn't know what to do.  Thanks to the internet I've been able to
>     gleen information from different sources.

There is a chapter here in the eastern part of NC, but it only meets 3 times
a year and those meetings are usually 2 hours away.  I didn't join for those
reasons.  People tell me how lucky I am to have L. Zurbrigg so close to me
and I have been to his home once, but as a beginner, I sure couldn't take
advantage of his knowledge.  Sure, it is wonderful to be a part of the list,
but I think having an active local club is very beneficial socially.  Our
local daylily club meets once a month with wonderful speakers and fun social
events.  I guess I should count my blessings on having that.  No complaints,
mind you.

Bill S. - Your regional sounds wonderful.  I would like to try and make it.
I'll write you for a registration form.

Patty F.
Raleigh, NC