>Per Melody Wilhoit, AIS Awards chairman, the winner of the Wister medal is
>THORNBIRD.  First runner up is CONJURATION and second runner up is SUPREME

Wow! Another lst for AIS!  A space age iris (one with horns, spoons or
founces) wins the Wister!  Wow! And then another space ager, CONJURATION,
comes in second!  Things have changed in the iris world!  I wholeheardedly
agree with the high honors awarded to both THORNBIRD and CONJURATION (which
also took lst place in Florence, Italy), as they are outstanding in all
respects.  I am not as enthusiastic about the third place iris, SUPREME
SULTAN, which is a "supremely" beautiful and "clean" variegata, but which
often leans because the stalks are tall and the flowers are very, very large.
 All in all, however, this showing for the Wister is great.  Clarence Mahan
in VA