Re: Iris Bud Fly

>  I have some questions about the iris bud fly which has invaded my
>>         garden...but it can keep - I lost about seven Siberian buds that
>>         never flowered and I have lost three JI (so far but they are
>>         more in the offing).
>>

>Chris comments:
>I'd like to find out more about this particular problem.
>(The iris bud fly)
>I too have had an experience this year with them. Lost several siberian
>blooms to this pest. Anyone got any info on this? Controls?
>--
>Christopher Hollinshead

Chris and Ellen,

I urge you, please, get a written report of your experiences related above to
Currier McEwen.  Currier has an on going project on diseases and pests of
Siberians and Japanese, and has been collecting every possible datum re this
subject.  He has worked to get research done in these matters, and it is very
important to get him this information.  Thanks.  Clarence Mahan in VA