Re: Genetic Susceptibility to Rot

>I have not noticed COMMENTARY in what little pedigree research I have
>done...what are a couple of its descendants?

Sorry to be so late replying to this question, Clarence.  Unfortunately, the
pedigree charts I made some years ago did not survive our last move, and so I
had to do some digging in the checklists again (oh, to have that CD Rom with
all the checklist info. on it !)

COMMENTARY was the pod parent of CAMBODIA, which I have never grown, but
admired greatly.  It was also the grand parent of PAGAN, which I thought was
a striking iris, but which slowly dwindled and rotted for me.  COMMENTARY was
also the pod parent of EAGLE HARBOR, which I am sorry to say takes my all
time grand Rotter award (to date!)  It will probably retain that honor
because I don't nurse them for more than a couple of years anymore.

I checked to see what COMMENTARY descended from, and found  TOBACCO  ROAD in
the previous generation. RED SHADOWS also shows up in there, and its also a
grandparent of a couple of my other "problem" children.  And what do you
know--I also found both DENVER MINT and MOON RIVER in the background of
another one.

Interesting... too bad this pedigree digging is so time consuming. I still
have a lot of the real thing to dig!

Dorothy Fingerhood in Newfield, NY