  • To: iris-l@rt66.com
  • Subject: Re:
  • From: "Reesa" <reesa@jersey.net>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1996 23:07:20 +0000
  • Comments: Authenticated sender is <reesa@mail.jersey.net>

Hi Suzette,

I understand your wanting more at local groups, but for me, the
bulletin alone was worth the price of membership. Our region is
always looking for people to get involved at shows or meetings, so it
seems strange to me that the Bmore chapter wouldn't feel the same

We have had numerous informational meetings with well-known
hybridizers and few people have showed up for them. I think these
days it's tough to get people involved in anything.

>      I guess I expected my money to pay for more than just a few=20
>      newsletters a year.  The treasury is full of money (according
>      to the=20 treasurer's report).  Why not spend it on something?
>      Why not try to=20 get new members and KEEP them.  If only the
>      same people are involved=20 how do you get new ideas?  If
>      people keep coming and going, where is=20 the history? At this
>      point I'm not getting into hybridizing, but what=20 happens
>      when I do.  Who's there to show me how?  Giving classes or=20
>      sessions would help.
    ~ ~     Reesa Marchetti-WRITER-MUSICIAN-WEB AUTHOR
  `O O^        reesa@jersey.net
   < 	           www.jersey.net/~reesa
   ^^	             www.netstreet.com/mr_charlie.html
..COol MOther