Iris Bud Fly

Ellen Gallagher wrote:

>         I have some questions about the iris bud fly which has invaded my
>         garden...but it can keep - I lost about seven Siberian buds that
>         never flowered and I have lost three JI (so far but they are
>         more in the offing).

Chris comments:
I'd like to find out more about this particular problem.
(The iris bud fly)
I too have had an experience this year with them. Lost several siberian
blooms to this pest. Anyone got any info on this? Controls?
Christopher Hollinshead
Mississauga, Ontario  Canada  zone6b
AIS Region 16
Director, Canadian Iris Society