Re: Irises & Lilies

From: Scott Aitken  <zebra@chcs.com>

    Tom Dillard wrote:

>I think Louise Parson's comments on integrating general garden plants with
>irises are quite good.  Thank you Louise.  And, I'd suggest to Scott Aitken
>that he consider checking with Louise to see if this could be used in the
>AIS BULLETIN (if his dad, the editor, agrees!).  Come to think of it, this
>list has a tremendous amount of good info that would be good for
>reproduction in the BULLETIN.  The use of this material, which I agree
>could only be used with the consent of the author, would be a great
>contribution to AIS from the list.  If material is "lifted" from the
>various AIS round robins, why couldn't especially good pieces from the list
>be used...

I will pass the whole message on to my dad. I think he would be open to the
idea of including excerpts from this list in the Bulletin.

As for me, I think it's a great idea, but I feel that I am not qualified to
pick snippets out of the email that comes through the IRIS-L. If we do
include excerpts, I think someone with a better knowledge than I should
pick them out. I wouldn't want to inadvertently pick a message containing
inaccurate or even harmful information. While I have learned a thing or two
from my parents, I still consider myself an extreme novice. My expertise is
computer graphic design, which is why I am helping with the AIS Bulletin
and Web Page.

Plus, I must confess, I delete messages, and occasionally whole threads of
messages, without reading them at all, that don't interest me much (I
deleted the message you are referring to above, for example -- I'm too
dense to recognize its promise. I almost skipped this one!). I get large
volumes of email every day, which I can't possibly read.

Anyone wanna volunteer to pick a few messages every quarter for inclusion
in the AIS Bulletin?