Floods & iris rot

Hello all

I've a "silly question" here so please be gentle. Okay here in New Zealand
we are having major problems with the weather it just won't stop RAINING it
has been raining for two weeks now most depressing!!! BUT the problem is
that my iris beds are now under water for the first time ever.  The beds
went under this morning.
My question is how long can they stay under water without major losses?
OR do I have to brave the rain & get digging & lift the iris's out into pots
on the deck?
Any help is appreciated as I am out of my depth here :-)
Have a nice day