Re: "Iris showing tips"

OK, Gerry, what's a gerenuk??

A question asked of me by a non-iris person -- can anyone help??

I recently saw an iris in The American Gardener Jul/Aug magazine called
Abel II (Pacific Coast Hybrid)  It is sited to be the truest blue of all
irises.  Where can I start looking for this plant?  I also heard that
there is a way to cover your bulbs with wire to keep voles from
consuming them.  Do you know how this is done?  I'd appreciate your
thoughts on these two questions.
                        Lori Sullivan

I'll let her know that Iris grow from rhizomes, not bulbs (anyone remember the

Thanks to all for the help!!

Carolyn Schaffner in dry, warm, sunny Buffalo, NY