Back from the Alaska wilds

I'm BAAAAACCCCKKKk to quote the group who went to the Maine show.  At least
they got to see some great plants, I was at least granted the joy of the
iris Setosa, the fireweed, blue-bells and forget-me-nots.  BUT, I came home
to serious drought conditions, and little watering done.  I lost most of my
perennials, like lupine, foxglove, pinks, snaps, almost anything from seed,
the sweet peas, lots of dahlias, etc...  The glads are still a couple of
huge purple blooms (MY LOVE) that hung on till I got back.  The irises are
"there", they are just hanging out putting on for next year, but who knows
if I will be here when I am home.  My orchids are the only thing that have
enjoyed the heat and have put on much new growth.  They are over a seed tray
full of gravel and water, so they were the only plants to keep moist.

I brought home a clump of live iris setosa, and a bag of seed pods.  My
question is, what do I do with them?  They are still pretty green.  I seem
to recall Linda Mann saying something about sugar water and
toothpicks...????  I would appreciate any information.

Too bad I go places where there are no iris societies, so I could visit and
meet neat people like on the list here; like someone else said, it would be
nice to put faces to names.

Glad to be back, with lots of watering and weeding facing me.  I hope it
cools down some day so I can transplant all the irises from the rent house.

You guys kept me sane for my 10 weeks away from home, family and plants!!

(I sent this once and didnt see if it, if this is a repeat, just close your
eyes and delete...)

Sharon A. Ruck,  the herb and Harley Davidson lady