Re: Hybridizing native North American species irises

What non-bearded iris are you interested in breeding and what interspecific
crosses are you considering?

<< I am very interested in just that subject-combining the virtues of the
non-beardeds into several different backgrounds. Now I just have to get time
to do the crosses. It will be a long, very long project, but fun. (Though LA
foliage gets a little ratty after bloom, as long as they're properly watered,
they're still light years ahead of tb's!).  (I'm now stand ready to be
flamed! Probably burned at the stake!) >>

Robert Turley
LaBelle, FL