Re: "Iris showing tips"

Folks who don't enter judged shows or exhibits can benefit from grooming tips
for their own garden so that it is always in Show Condition.

I'm a judge for the Buffalo In Bloom contest ( avery exciting event that
wakes everyone up all over the city!!) and the one thing that I would like
everyone to know is DEADHEAD.  and when you know what that means, then,
pay attention to DEADHEADING!!  Grooming iris, anything, is as important in the
garden as it is on the bench!!  The garden suddenly says, This is what gardening/growing iris is all about!!  They respond with great sparkle and beauty!!

Folks who simply have an interest in the beauty of the iris can learn
grooming techniques from iris judges/growers and will enjoy their flowers so
much that they might even invite folks into their garden and SHOW IRIS!!

When I weed, and deadhead and groom I say to myself, what do people want to
see in the garden, anyway?? Certainly not blooms that are not at their
optimum!!  So, I'm showing iris all the time, even it it's just to ME!!
Carolyn Schaffner