Re: Hybridizing native North American species irises

  • To: iris-l@rt66.com
  • Subject: Re: Hybridizing native North American species irises
  • From: "J. Steven Brown" <jsbrown@redrose.net>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jul 1996 15:56:34 +0000
  • Comments: Authenticated sender is <jsbrown@[204.249.184.2]>

I am very interested in just that subject-combining the virtues of
the non-beardeds into several different backgrounds. Now I just have
to get time to do the crosses. It will be a long, very long project,
but fun. (Though LA foliage gets a little ratty after bloom, as long
as they're properly watered, they're still light years ahead of
tb's!).  (I'm now stand ready to be flamed! Probably burned at the
stake!)

Steve Brown

J. Steven Brown              Mt. Gretna Gardens
                             Iris and Daylilies.
2493 Pinch Road
Manheim, PA 17545-9466
USA                     Internet:jsbrown@redrose.net
(717) 664-4066          Homepage:"http://www.success.net/
  fax 664-5081                                 mggarden/"