Re: Hybridizing NA species / LA foliage
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Hybridizing NA species / LA foliage
- From: "J. Steven Brown" <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 21 Jul 1996 15:56:35 +0000
- Comments: Authenticated sender is <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Priority: normal
LA foliage is beautiful in areas where the summers are milder. They
begin to get a little cholotic if too dry, but other than that,
they're fine. Virginicas are a little nicer, as are Pseudacorus.
Spraying LA's well with Cygon (which I have been lax about doing, as
I hate the stuff) is important for keeping the borers at bay. I just
found a clump of Voodoo Music with a borer the other day. LA's are
worthless here for winter foliage. They die back to the ground, or
should be cut back to the ground and mulched.
J. Steven Brown Mt. Gretna Gardens
Iris and Daylilies.
2493 Pinch Road
Manheim, PA 17545-9466
(717) 664-4066 Homepage:"http://www.success.net/
fax 664-5081 mggarden/"