Divide those siberians

On Fri, 19 Jul 1996 05:56:11 -0600 (MDT)
 Dorothy Fingerhood wrote:
..  My garden fork, which faithfully served me for almost
20 years, gave up the Ghost rather suddenly yesterday, propelling me
rapidly across the garden into a clump of FRIENDLY WELCOME, when it
encountered ol' MAGGIE.

The same thing happened to me when I divided my first clump of
Japanese iris. I waited too long too.  My husband said it must have
been dry rot - I said "No way, it was sheer brute strength!"

I was disheartened to learn through this list that Japanese iris
should not be replanted in the same spot after dividing.  I have some
that are not doing as well as they should - short mostly - and those
are the same ones that I divided last year or the year before.  What
do others do? How do you rotate when most other plants require a
higher pH?  For instance, I don't think I can put them where the
daylilies are.  I've added lime to the soil there.  Any thoughts?

I have Exuberent Chantey, Lace Ruff, Ipsus, Imperial Robe & Royal
Lines still blooming.

Linda Ridlon
No. Berwick, ME