Re: Maine Chance/iris tofieldia

>John is one of the very few who are engaged it...this is REAL hybridizing.
> Clarence Mahan in VA  (Maybe Ted will tell us something about it.)
Clarence - we did not get to REALLY see John's breeding program.  This was
not just a rainstorm we were in - this was the tail end of a hurricane and it
was pouring buckets.  We did get into the fields, but the mud was deep and it
was impossible to evaluate anything.  I don't even know if JOHN came out...
Carolyn and Peter and I flew around with Ted.

Does anyone know anything about this iris?  And does anyone know of a source?

Kathy Guest - East Aurora, NY