Re: Genetic Susceptibility to Rot

>Could not resist putting in 2 cents into this discussion.  Certainly some
>lines are notoriously producers of irises that are susceptible to rot in the
>East. But there are also certain irises that are like alarm signals when I
>see them in a pedigree...DENVER MINT, NEW MOON, GIGALO, many of the "browns"
>(TOBACCO ROAD), etc.  Even when these irises have been used in out crosses,
>the offspring have not faired well here.  Clarence Mahan in VA

Clarence--this is fascinating info. to me.  Some years ago I spent a lot of
time looking at iris lineage and making ancestor charts for particular irises
that interested me for one reason or another.  (Days must have been a lot
longer back then!) One name that consistently came up in lineage of my
"problem children" was the iris COMMENTARY.  What has been your experience
with it's descendents?

Thanks!
Dorothy
DFingerhoo@aol.com