Re: 1st Japanese bloomed -finally

I am new to the list. I have always loved irises from the time they were my
favorites in my mother's garden. I hope to learn more about raising them
from members of the list.

 My first communication with you must have gotten lost in space., so I am
going to restate my question.

A few weeks ago I was canoeing on the Au Sable River in central Michigan
and I saw what I thought were Japenese irises growing in the water along
with cattails and reeds. There are many such patches
along the stretch immediately east of Greyling. Only one was blooming and I
thought I was dreaming because I did not know that irises grew that way.
After reading WRITER-MUSICIAN-WEB AUTHOR's comments about all his water
irises, I guess they really were irises. Where can I find out more about
growing irises in water? I have a friend who live on a little lake and has
a perfect place for water irises.

Fran Meuser
Rochester, Michigan