Re: "Iris showing tips"

>Iris showing "tips"
>1.  Be a clerk at as many shows as you can!  You will get to hear all the
>judges' discussions, and you will learn what they are looking for  (and
>realize sometimes the judging process can be quite subjective!).
>2. Read, read, read.  There are quite a number of articles related to
>in the AIS back bulletins; also tips in regional publications.  Many books
>iris growing also talk about the show and showing.
>3. Allow 4 times as much time as you think you need for
>everything--selecting, transporting, grooming, etc.--and you will just get
>everything done without having to rush, which leads to careless mistakes and
>accidents to flowers.  You must be meticulous in every detail.
>4. Have a good bit of luck!  And like most other things, practice makes
>perfect (or closer to it!)
>Dorothy Fingerhood
>Newfield, NY   (Getting some needed rain today)

Hey, Zebra! I have never seen any better advice on showing irises
anywhere...and in such succinct form.  This list definitely ought to appear
in the next AIS Bulletin...at least that's my opinion.  As a person who has
been showing irises for some years and won a few medals and Queens of
Show...I think this advice is SUPER, and will assist anyone who wants to have
their irises win top awards in shows!.  Clarence Mahan in VA