Iris Tofieldia

Kathy Guest wrote:

:  IRIS TOFIELDIA

:  Does anyone know anything about this iris?  And does anyone know of a source?

I don't recognize the name.  I don't claim to be THE species expert, but they
have certainly been one of my primary interests for some 20 years and I couldn't
find it in my references. It's not in SIGNA's Species Study Manual and neither
Mathew nor Innes list it even as a synonym.

Kathy, can you tell us where you encountered it?  Perhaps it's an obsolete
synonym that we can match with a modern name.  Or is there any chance it might
have been an instruction label rather than the name?

It sure looks a lot like "To Field 1 A", to me.  <G,D &R>

Sharon McAllister  (73372.1745@compuserve.com)