LA foliage

<< There's a seedling by Durio which is a cross between I. virginica and a
 tetraploid LA.  From the photos the flower is BEAUTIFUL.  It would be
 interesting to see the foliage.  I could have seen it this spring, but I
 missed my annual visit to Marie Caillet.  (She paid $200 for this iris at
 the SLI auction in '94!)  This is reason enough to go next year, or maybe
 I'll go out of season to see how it looks.  >>

Rodney:

I saw a picture of the mention cultivar, but can not recall at this moment.
 Like you mentioned it would be interesting to know more about this
particular iris.  However, I wish it could have been 2n instead of 4n.  It
would nice Rodney if you would be nice to yourself and buy this iris so we
could get a first hand report (<:).

Carolyn:

<< Oh, oh, Robert Turley -- Question from a newbie on Louisana Iris -- what's
"the pits" about the foliage?? I've got several growing great guns for their
first season in my garden!! What's going to happen? >>

I ditto Rodney's comments on Louisiana foliage, below.

<< The LA foliage doesn't hold up well after the bloom, and the fans aren't
compact so they don't form nice dense clumps to hide dying leaves. You
wouldn't grow them simply for the foliage. In mid summer here they can get
down right ratty, but in the winter the foliage holds up pretty well.  It
would be interesting to know how well the foliage hold up where the summers
are cooler.  >>

Robert Turley
LaBelle, FL